Sign in to follow this  

Dot Matrix Display like with DirectX... how?!

This topic is 3934 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I like to create a scroll dot matrix display with directx with dinamic texts... My idea is create a texture font like a dot matrix display and create a dinamic texture with this font texture and animate the texture on vertex texture UV. just to show what I like to do, look for this dowjones display... Display Sample My real question is, how can I create the display text texture to apply in display mesh?

I can think of 2 simple ways to accomplish this and there could/are surely many more.
1: Create your own font or get a free font that already looks like the Dow Jones font.
2: Render your font to texture and offset the pixels by some value.

I hope this helps.
take care.

Quote:
Original post by Armadon
I can think of 2 simple ways to accomplish this and there could/are surely many more.
1: Create your own font or get a free font that already looks like the Dow Jones font.
2: Render your font to texture and offset the pixels by some value.

I hope this helps.
take care.

the font is easy, I got a nice one on 1001fonts, but... how can I forget the render to texture, is easy... -_-'

Thanks Armadon for the help :)

This topic is 3934 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.