• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
KumGame07

OpenGL How to generate textures?

This topic is 4297 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

May be this is not a relevant post here. But still I'm posting here. I have been working on OpenGL for last few months. But never bothered about how textures are generated. What I mean is, is there any tool for generating textures? Thanks, KumGame

Advertisement
A lot start life as real life photographs which are then worked on, as dan59314 points out, using tools such as PhotoShop, Gimp, Painter3D, ZBrush. These packages are capable of procedurally generating textures also, which means the software uses an algorithm to generate the texture from scratch. One of my friends is a graphic designer and uses Photoshop, Maya, Poser, Lightwave for most of his work, which is a mix of still images and animated scenes. Try downloading Gimp and see for yourself. It comes with a number of texture generating algorithms.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!