• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Caesar

file format that supports skinning

This topic is 4155 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi, could you recommend some file format that would support skinning (bones etc) that I could get some ready to go models in (I'm playing around, so generally any model would do, like some bot or solider or animal or whatever). I know of the Milkshape's format, but the last time I looked at it it only supported 1 vertex to 1 bone binding. I'd like to try to get a bit more generic. Of course, some info on that format would be appreciated, but I guess I can google it out ;) edit: except for the X format thanks

Advertisement
There is always Doom 3's md5 format. It is a little bit of work getting it skinning well with vertex shaders, but the file format itself is text based (easy to parse) and if you buy Doom 3 you will have an abundance of models to play around with.

Regards,
ViLiO

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!