Sign in to follow this  
streamer

bingo balls movement

Hi all! Can somebody please help to define the math of bingo balls moving inside one spherical body? Or at least point me to some math article that I can reuse in my program? Thanks in advance

Collision detection is simple, sphere on sphere collision detection.

Collision response and physics not so simple, but a basic euler integration, velocity reflection, and putting some random impulses should be ok.

I don't mean to complicate things so feel free to ignore me if you've got it working, but I've found verlet integration to be more stable and better looking than euler in really simple cases(like all spheres) where there are alot of simultaneous collissions(ie stuff sitting on top of other stuff). If you run into problems because of the high number of collissions its an option to consider.

Verlet is cool, Although I use it if I am not concerned with the response code, or for bodies made of several spheres (not just one). You can certainly use that. As for a spherical container, it's just like a sphere-sphere collision, you just have to play around with the relative radius.