Gamemonkey's feedback pls

Started by
4 comments, last by KYjanelle 17 years, 1 month ago
Hi there, I am trying to implement gamemonkey scripting into a Game engine on my next project. I have did a little bit of basic Lua before. Since I am assigned to look into GameMonkey, I find GameMonkey isn't popular in the sense that there is no good Binding example around other than the 2 tutorial in GameDev. Should I continue to look at GameMonkey or look for other scripting sources? I personally feel Lua is much harder than GameMonkey, but there is more tutorial about Lua than gameMonkey. I need a second opinion. Thanks
Advertisement
There are a few GM tuts around, I got some links from GM's site (somedude.net/gamemonkey). There is also a GmBind util on sourceforge I beleive, its currently unsupported, but still works.

Yeah, the tuts are great. If you are just trying to figure out manual binding, look at the bindings that come with it, and modify them for your needs. The codes all there and pretty simple.
Why not AngelScript?
...it doesn't get any more straightforward than that.
What's hard about Lua? The bindings?
My leader advises me Lua is much more harder and complexed. So Gamemonkey is the best choice. But I feel Lua look more higher level than GameMonkey. I have spend 2 weeks on Gamemonkey, manage to figure out how to integrate in my engine but encounter some memory leak which i have yet to find. Hope that will not be big problem in the long run.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement