Sign in to follow this  

Using textures and plain colors separately?

This topic is 3932 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ok I'll make this quick so I can get to sleep. I have successfully added textures into my program to make a skybox. I had another separate object rendered in the middle that is untextured, it is only colored using glColor3f(). The problem is that when the textures are working the object shows up black. This seems like an easy fix to me but I searched everywhere for it and didn't find anything. Through commenting out some lines I found the guilty call to be glTexParameteri(). When these were eliminated the color came back (but the textures didn't work of course).

Try calling glDisable(GL_TEXTURE_2D) before drawing the object (and reenabling it when drawing the skybox, of course).

Alternatively, you could just use glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, NULL) before the object drawing routine.

When you skip glTexParameteri, no texture will be generated - so this is roughly equivalent to setting the texture to NULL (or at least I think so).

Cheers!

Quote:
Original post by Johnny Sunshine
Alternatively, you could just use glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, NULL) before the object drawing routine.

If you want to disable texturing, then you have to disable texturing, not bind another texture object.

This topic is 3932 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.