Help! Gods trying to stop me from programming

Started by
128 comments, last by Delsana 17 years ago
So what will Platform SDK do for me?
Advertisement
It's giving me multiple option to download from. Its saying Download the files most appropriate for you out of:
PSDK-amd64.exe
PSDK-ia64.exe
PSDK-x86.exe
which one(s) is/are the apropriate one(s). They gave an example using PSDK-x86.exe.
Unless you have a 64bit computer, then the x86 is the one for you.

theTroll
Well that took a while but it's downloaded. So is that it or is there more that I have to do?
Still saying cannot start program so and so The system cannot find the file specified. What else do I have to do?
If you followed all the instructions for installing the PSDK, then it should probably be working.
BUT there is a chance that it didnt automatically add itself to the VS IDE, so you need to go into
the tools -> options -> projects -> VS directories
and manually add in the include/lib paths for where you installed the PSDK to.
Have you done everything listed here? You should. windows.h is the name of the file it can't find (it's included in the SDK). You have to tell MSVC where to look for it. Follow the instructions.
[ search: google ][ programming: msdn | boost | opengl ][ languages: nihongo ]
Nuthin...whats going on? do I open something in SDK? do I freakin sprinkle pixie dust on the monitor? what the hell!?!
When it says "so and so the system cannot find the file specified", what is the "so and so"? *Exactly*? Copy and paste it into the post.

Also, what steps *exactly* are you trying, in order to create the program? Can you find a file on the hard drive that contains the code? What is it named? *Exactly?* (Make sure that Windows isn't hiding your filename extensions.)
Quote:Original post by jouley
post the specific errors you get if they're compilation errors, or the message you get if it's a runtime error.
Quote:Original post by Chad Smith
Post the error, so I can see which file it can not find.
Quote:Original post by Zahlman
When it says "so and so the system cannot find the file specified", what is the "so and so"? *Exactly*? Copy and paste it into the post.
In case you missed them the first time...
John BoltonLocomotive Games (THQ)Current Project: Destroy All Humans (Wii). IN STORES NOW!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement