• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Anonymous Poster

Please Help a Beginner

This topic is 7021 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Guest Anonymous Poster

Hello, I am learning to program using the WINAPI, not MFC, but I thought that someone here may be able to help me anyway. I am able to create a simple window, and draw shaped in it using GDI. But drawing shaped limits the things I can do, so I would like to know how to display a bitmap in my window. Please, I am rather young, so I dont have much money to purchase a book about windows programming, and I have searched the web, but I cant find anything that is very useful. If you know of any places that I can get a tutorial on how to display a bitmap in my window, please tell me. (I looked at the tutorial at reliablesoftware, so dont give me a link to that one please)
I use the Borland C++ 4.52 Compiler to compile and write my programs. Any help would be appreciated greatly. Thank you.
-Brad

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!