[web] Beginner ASP help

Started by
0 comments, last by NightMonkey 17 years, 1 month ago
Hi, I have just started learning &#106avascript/ASP and I am trying to get a simple login system working from my Apache web server, however none of the asp commands seem to be working. Here is the main login page: <html> <body BGCOLOR="#DDDDDD"> <p align=center> <form action="CheckLogin.asp" method=post name=login_form>

Please enter your username and password

<table> <tr><td>UserName:</td><td><input type=text name=username_text></td></tr> <tr><td>Password:</td><td><input type=password name=password_text></td></tr> </table>
<input id=submit1 type=submit value="Login" name=login_button>

Click here to create a new account </form> </body> </html> Here is the 'CheckLogin.asp' file: <%@ language=&#106avascript %&gt; &lt;html&gt; &lt;head&gt; &lt;% var username=Request.Form("username_text"); var password=Request.Form("password_test"); %&gt; &lt;/head&gt; &lt;body&gt; <p> Username:&lt;%=username%&gt; Password:&lt;%=password%&gt; </p> &lt;/body&gt; &lt;/html&gt; When I try and log in all I see is "Username: Password: " and the values for the username/password are not passed to the asp file. Can anyone tell me where I am going wrong? Thanks
Advertisement
Sorted. Doesn't look like Apache supports ASP so I used IIS and its all working now :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement