• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
jonnys

OpenGL Next-gen games using the opengl api

This topic is 4152 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Anybody know any next-gen commercial games (for the pc) that are going to use the Opengl API for graphics rendering? I know John Carmack usually uses Opengl but, will he continue to use it for next-gen titles eg. Enemy Territory: Quake Wars or is he using Direct3D 9?

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by jonnys
OK. Thanks. Are there anymore titles that will be using Opengl?

possibly, its often hard to say for sure as many OpenGL games will use DX(on windows) for sound and input anyway.

Any game using G80(D3D10) features on WindowsXP, Linux or MacOSX has to use OpenGL though. games ported from the PS3 is also likely to use OpenGL on the PC.

Yes considering the PS3 uses OpenGL, I expect to see more PC games to use it too (as it would make porting easier).

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!