Sign in to follow this  
Halibut99

Is there an XBox360 (XNA) physics engine?

I have a PC based .net game with elementary physics that I'd like to enhance by using a Physics SDK (free or commercial). Eventually I want to port the whole thing to the XBox360. Is there a PhysicsSDK that supports 360 that anyone would recommend?

If you are after a 2D physics library then yes. There are a fair few projects on CodePlex for 2D physics, most notably Farseer.

For 3D, at this stage no (at least, as far as I'm aware). Bullet was meant to be getting ported to the XNA Framework but so far nothing has materialized.

Regards,
ViLiO

Quote:
Original post by Alpha_ProgDes
Shouldn't PhysX have something? They supported by the X360 aren't they?
I wish [sad]

The topic of Ageia supporting the XNA Framework was brought up on devsupport.ageia.com back when the first GSE Betas were coming out and a standard response was given. They have no plans to do it but are constantly evaluating their customer's needs (not ruling it out completely). I really can't see it happening though as XNA Framework on the 360 doesn't support any native code and Ageia are hardly likely to port the whole thing to C#

The best bets are on the open source Physics libraries getting ported and Bullet is the most likely at that, but like I said, the XNADev.ru guys have yet to produce anything on that front and have started work on their own Physics API (which doesn't look very promising in my opinion).

All the best,
ViLiO