[C++ API] Edit Box

Started by
14 comments, last by powerskill 17 years, 1 month ago
Quote:Another problem with the code - something I should have made clearer earlier - is that the output windows should be created inside WM_CREATE as well.

Oh that’s another good one :)

Quote:
You don't want to create these new every time the ENTER button is clicked.

Hmm that does sound like a bad idea. I had it to make a cool effect so that once the user clicked the Enter Button they would pop up. But I had a better thought, I'm going to create them in the correct place, but borderless, so it’s professional and I will add the text once the user clicks ENTER.

For the final result I plan to give it a background picture, and some text labels.
Advertisement
Just wondering. I’m looking for it but maybe someone knows it by memory. Is there a parameter I can give the EDIT BOX so that the user cant write on it.

This is ideal for my last 3 EDIT boxes that only print out the value of the calculations, so there is no reason for the user to write in them.

PS I think I'm creating the best program ever done by me lol :)
ES_READONLY

"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man
I don't think I will use that. Its making my edit box into a grey color, and my background is white.
[edited] background is a white bmp I loaded with some 'art'.
Quote:Original post by powerskill
I don't think I will use that. Its making my edit box into a grey color, and my background is white.

That's the normal Windows UI way of telling the user that he can't edit the control's contents, so that users don't waste time trying. You're supposed to create a background that will work with that text colour, if you need to disable controls that appear over the background.
I'll work around that. I will add something cheap thought; I don't want the user to change the size of the window... I hope that’s not a bad idea.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement