HTML Help please

Started by
4 comments, last by aaroncox_123 17 years, 1 month ago
Hi, I'm making a web page for a school assignment. Ive got all my content in a div tag, with overflow set to auto. the content has all different bookmarks through out it. when i click on a link to one of the book marks, the div tag scrolls down the the appropriate place, but the screen also scroll down a little as well (not much). does any one know if its posable to just scroll the div tag and not the whole document. Just so you're aware, were being marked on the content, not how its programmed. everyone else in the class is using front page 2003 and tables. thanks people.
Advertisement
What browser(s) did you encounter this problem with?
were using internet explorer. firefox dosent seem to support css to the same extent!
Quote:Original post by aaroncox_123
were using internet explorer. firefox dosent seem to support css to the same extent!

i thought FF had full CSS 2.0 support???

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Quote:Original post by aaroncox_123

Actually...

As for your specific problem, I don't know the specific behaviour of CSS on IE, but perhaps changing the overflow properties of the body may allow you to avoid this scrolling.
As far as i no it does, but it displays differently with some things, and the alignment is a lot different.

as you will see, FF does something strange lol

IE:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

FireFox:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

ive tryed changing the overflow property of the body, and its fine, except when you click a link, it jumps to the bottom of the page, then i cant scroll back up. lol

thanks.

[Edited by - aaroncox_123 on March 10, 2007 8:49:37 AM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement