• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Waverider

OpenGL Getting started with DirectX in VB 2005 - help please

This topic is 4211 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I just acquired an academic version of Visual Studio 2005 Standard to try it out before I commit to getting a more beefy version. I'm trying to get a DirectX8 object created, but the interpreter isn't recognizing the DirectX8 keyword in the code. Either I'm missing something really simple or there's a lack of support in what I'm using. I went into the Project Properties and added the Reference COM: DirectX 8 for Visual Basic, so I assumed I would get the option for a DirectX8 object in the Intellisense list that appears when I type "Dim Dx As", but the selection isn't in there. If anyone could tell me what I need to do to get started, I'd appreciate it. I've already worked with Visual Basic 6 Professional and have worked a bit with DirectX8 there already. I just need to get the reference working in VB 2005. Thanks. I don't even see a reference to the OpenGL library in there =/

Advertisement
I managed to find the answer with a lucky web search.

I need to use the "DxVBLibA." keyword, then it gives me access to the DirectX stuff. And if I put "Imports DxVBLibA" at the very top of the source, I don't need to use that keyword anymore.

Now if I can just get OpenGL recognized... (edit: Hmm. Tao. yeah.)

and .hWnd is now .handle? bleh!

[Edited by - Waverider on March 10, 2007 11:09:30 AM]

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!