Sign in to follow this  

Game balance advice needed

This topic is 3930 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, So I am making an Iraq Sim game where the goal is to make Iraqis happy while keeping the Americans from rioting. ;) I have several variables that effect each other depending on the situation. For example: You can make air strikes You can build infrastructure You can deploy soldiers You can ask for money You can ask for soldiers You can make a speech All those actions affect the resistance level and the happiness levels. Basically, I am having a hard time figuring out the best way to create formulas to manage these effects. This is what I have so far (for one of the formulas): resistanceLevel += (-5 * airStrikeCount) + ((100 - happiness) / 10) + (-10 * soldierNum) + (10 + rand() % 5); It's working ok and I can balance it by tweaking the numbers, but it just seems like a 'band-aid fix' because there isn't too much logic to the formula. The only certain thing is that some things affect resistance in a bad way and some in a good way. Is that enough, though? Any suggestions on how to better design these formulas?

This topic is 3930 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.