New to C#, probly dumb problem ahead:

Started by
5 comments, last by Agony 17 years, 1 month ago
Here's my code: using System; using System.Collections.Generic; using System.Text; namespace ConsoleLearning { class Program { static void Main(string[] args) { Console.SetWindowSize(80, 40); Console.SetBufferSize(160, 80); enum Letters {A=65,B,C,D,E,F,H,I,J,K}; int n = 0; do { for (int i = 0; i < 10; i++) { Console.CursorLeft = i; Console.CursorTop = i; // Console.Write((char)Letters]); } } while (n == 0); } } } Everyting was working fine until I added to line with the enum. Accoring to MSDN an enum is delared like this: enum Days {Sat=1, Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri}; I really have no idea how to fix this, any help appreciated. Thanks.
Advertisement
Move it before static void Main
you should be able to declare in or outside of main() shouldn't you?

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Quote:Original post by Alpha_ProgDes
you should be able to declare in or outside of main() shouldn't you?

No, 'enum' is a type declaration which cannot be done inside any method.

Thank you, what is a type and what is not is still confusing to me.

Now I have what I wanted.

for (int i = 0; i < 10; i++)
{
Console.CursorLeft = i;
Console.CursorTop = i;

Console.Write(Letters.A+i);
}

Where is the help page for how to use code tags etc?

Quote:Original post by ThoughtCriminal
what is a type

Everything that you can put in front of the name of a variable in a declaration is a type.
Quote:Original post by ThoughtCriminal
Where is the help page for how to use code tags etc?

See that little link near the top of the page titled "faq"? It includes a section describing allowed tags. In your case, just use lower case, instead of upper case. Or alternatively, use "source" instead of "code" to get a nice scrollable box.
"We should have a great fewer disputes in the world if words were taken for what they are, the signs of our ideas only, and not for things themselves." - John Locke

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement