2D Isometrical Tile Engine

Started by
3 comments, last by reaptide 24 years, 8 months ago
I dont know of any 2D isometric tiling engines that are freely available, but CDX has a regular square tile engine. You might want to try that.

-Geoff

Advertisement
Thanks for the reply. I have tried DXC, but I really don't like it that much. It is great for the beginning prgrammer or those that like basic, but prefer having the large amount of flexiblilty that C/C++ provides as well as not being limited by restrictions imposed by the IDE.

I will most likely create my own game engine. I'll just basically modify my existing 2D engine to offset the tiles differently. That should work just fine.

Thanks again, but I'm still open to replies.

Take a look at IsometriX. It's a free isometric engine that has had many contributors over the years. It is made for DirectX, but at the very least it could give you some ideas. The site also has links to other iso pages and projects.

------------------
Dave "Myopic Rhino" Astle

Webmaster, GameDev.net
Director of Development, Myopic Rhino Games:
Software Engineer, ROI Systems:
www.roisys.com</A> <P><p>[This message has been edited by Myopic Rhino (edited August 02, 1999).]

I was wondering if anyone knew of a good 2D Isometric engine for use in a RTS game.I have had very little luck finiding a decent one.
It would be preferable if the engine could be used with DJGPP or easily ported.

Any help would be highly appriciated.

Thanks.

Thank you very much. The page is extremely informative and after taking a look at the code, i've realized that I could quiet possibly convert my own 2D engine into an Iso engine. I was write in one aspect that all I pretty musg have to do is skew my tiles properly and offset them differently.

Thank you very much once again.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement