Sign in to follow this  
supercoiled

C++ Runtime Issue

Hi there! I recently run in trouble with some bunch of code. I'm currently working on a C++ framework for different platforms. At the moment the work is in progress for windows and i'm using Visual Studio C++ Express and Platform SDK on all of my computers for developing and testing the software. My 2 main systems are able to compile the framework. But one of them crashes on runtime of the framework, when calling the new-operator inside a constructor somewhere later in the code. The other system produces proper working code. I copied the proper working binary onto the other system, which hosts the crashing versions and tried it there. It works. Without any problems. So my question is, where could the error be? I refactored much parts of the code and disabled much of the critical code, but it won't work at all. I'm pretty sure both systems use the same libraries and headers of all of my depencies, so it's quite weird. The systems have different CPU-architectures (32-bit and 64-bit), but i avoided almost any significant 32-/64-bit porting issue reported. Thank you in advance.

You have a bug somewhere which is manifesting more obviously on one machine than the other. It could be a huge number of things, especially since you're working with C++. Without access to the code there's really nothing any of us can do but invent wild guesses, which really don't do you much good [wink]

Any extra details you can provide about any error messages, exactly what is going on at the time of the error, what your code is doing prior to the error, etc. would be very useful. At the moment I don't there's really enough information to offer a meaningful answer.