Sign in to follow this  
Faheem A Saleem

immedaite help needed

i want my program written in OpenGL to show signs of sign langugae i have a character biped 3ds max ready to animate but how can i use this biped character in my openGL program please help me i am behind schedule

jpetrie    13147
Look for resources on "skeletal animation." There's -- unfortunately for you -- no quick and easy solution. You may need to look for a library, although the overhead of learning a library might still be as significant as doing it yourself.

wodinoneeye    1689

Could something like Poser be used to create the canned movements (probably being easier/faster than learning a 3D editor)????

Im not up on how assets created in poser are able to be played thru OpenGL (whether it can export commonly used mesh and animation formats).

Probably others here can answer that or the OP can repost that as a seperate topic in the graphics forums.

jpetrie    13147
It's an option, but once again would require you to do most of the grunt work yourself. OpenGL doesn't have rendering functionality, nor does it have model importers. Both of those would need to be hand-rolled (or libraries would need to be used) and would take some time.