R600 rumors

Started by
15 comments, last by wodinoneeye 16 years, 11 months ago
check out this preview from Cebit of the new Ruby techdemo pretty amazing can't wait to see it in HD..
Advertisement
Now we're talking:

New ATI X2900 XTX Shames Nvidia 8800 to Second Place

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

Quote:Original post by Gaiiden
Now we're talking:

New ATI X2900 XTX Shames Nvidia 8800 to Second Place

With that massive bandwidth advantage it would be interesting to see what it can do with high levels of AF and AA.

More pictures here.

R600 Released??
Products
Quote:Original post by hplus0603
So, rumor has it that the ATI R600 will trounce the NV 8800 for performance, at least for DirectX. Rumor also has it that the new ATI OpenGL driver (worked on for many years) will finally be released in conjunction.

However, those rumors were from January, and it's now March and no parts in the stores. I haven't kept up since then, except I've heard that a press event from March got moved to sometime later.

Comments?

Btw: This post mentions NVIDIA. Any reply to this post that mentions NVIDIA will be deleted, because I want comments on the ATI specifically, not any kind of comparison or discussion war. Post another thread for that!

Sorry hplus0603,
You started by stating that "rumor has it the ATI R600 will trounce the NV 8800 for performance", then said you would delete any posts reffering to the NV 8800. Sorry , but I think this is unfair.

R600 (HD2900XT has been released now).

According to the reviews, the HD2900XT is between, or below the performance of the mumble and the mumble. None of the reputable review sites puts the performance of the HD2900XT above the mumble.

Don't take my word for it. here is a shed load of reviews.

Make your own mind up :)

BTW, I am not an ATI or mumble fanboy. Just read the reviews and make your own decision.

Also the HD2900XT is priced mutch higher here in the UK than the mumble 640 MB.

HTH,
Cambo_frog

[Edited by - hplus0603 on May 15, 2007 10:26:10 PM]
For the love of god, please tell me that you've just omitted your error checking code for brevity, and you don't really assume that all those functions succeed.
Quote:Sorry , but I think this is unfair.

You are, of course, welcome to your opinion.

Thanks for the links, they are quite helpful!

PS: Way for AMD to delay a launch by 6 months (initially missing christmas) and keep us all waiting :-)
enum Bool { True, False, FileNotFound };

Hmm, I was in the market for a 8800 and the news of release of this next (potential) leapfrog ought to have some nice price dropping results.

Competition has brought amazing advances and availability to the ordinary folk what once cost millions of dollars (at the old decades ago value of the dollar) of equiptment.

270 watts though makes me think they should have a slot on this things side so it can double as an Easy-Bake oven.
--------------------------------------------[size="1"]Ratings are Opinion, not Fact

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement