Sign in to follow this  
gurkal

CE Engine

gurkal    122
What do you guys think of this new 3d RTS engine that is being developed? The developers seem very serous and have all worked on other game engines namely the spring engine. I was looking around for RTS engines which there are not a lot of it that are licensable under reasonable terms. Hopefully this will help change that. From their website "The Command Engine project attempts to create a RTS game engine that is more flexible and easier to mod than any other RTS engine. The idea is to write the components that limit other engines in a pluggable way, so people can implement support for any kind of unit, world type or effect they can think of. To limit the amount of coding modders need to do, units will have plugin behaviours that act on the world and on the unit, so creating a unit will be about modelling unit models and combining behaviour objects. Some of the developers working on Command previously worked on the RTS engine Spring, and come with the experience of an already popular and thriving engine." You think this is worth waiting for? http://www.osrts.info/index.php

Guest Anonymous Poster   
Guest Anonymous Poster
At this point, it's an engine that a few here could write in a few weekends. I hope it works out but at this point, unless you're going to start development in a year or so, I think you need to keep looking.