• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

[java] Qcard32.dll and VB.NET

This topic is 4084 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've been programming computers for 20+ years, and yet I'm relatively new to the .NET and Visual Basic environment. I'm playing around trying to write a card game using the freeware QCARD32.DLL library that is widely available. I have a couple of pretty basic questions that are more VB related than game-related, so please forgive me. Number one, in all of the examples that I've seen, the subroutine to handle the PAINT event of a form is declared as follows: Public Sub Form1_Paint(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.PaintEventArgs) Handles Me.Paint Yet, when I try to use this method, I get an error on the "Me" saying "keyword is not valid as an identifier." What am I doing wrong? Number two, examples of calling any of the functions in the DLL always refer to the "handle" of the form, with a variable name of Hwnd. How do I declare / initialize Hwnd so that it contains the value of the handle to the correct form? Thank-you for indulging me! Mike

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!