[.net] TextBox Databinding refresh issue.

Started by
1 comment, last by Strider_Hiryu 17 years, 1 month ago
Has anybody seen this and/or know the solution? I have a TextBox that has its DataBindings property set within a DataTable within a DataSet. Here is the weird issue: - The TextBox is disabled and not-visisble. But once i apply text to it (via another form) and click OK, the textBox gets visible, which then causes the DataBind to occur. The visisble = true seems to cause this in addition to causing it to appear to the user. - Any time after this the TextBox does not get updated even though it DataBinded to the new updated text. I am calling AcceptChanges. I tried calling Invalidate followed by Update on the TextBox I tried calling Refresh on the TextBox None of the above steps seems to work. The only thing I didnt try was disabling and re-enabling the Visisble property. What is the cause of this weird issue?
Advertisement
Please show us the code!
Calling Invalidate and stuff should NOT be needed.
Could we possibly see some code? Also, is this a web project? The behavior doesn't sound like something you'd normally come across on a winform.
We'll bring your children up in the classic English manner, by making them learn latin, and beating them half to death in a single sex environment.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement