[OpenAL & oggVorbis] Small mono ogg files doesn't play

Started by
0 comments, last by DMINATOR 17 years, 1 month ago
Hi, recently I was developing a OpenAL Manager class. Its working fine except for one problem I am facing. Whenever I try to play mono ogg files, it sometimes work, sometimes don't work. :( This is frustrating. All I know is that this only happen to mono ogg files. If I put a breakpoint before it play, it will always work. But then if didn't put a breakpoint, it randomly work and don't work. Most of the time it don't work. I tried putting a while loop to generate a short pause at the place I put the breakpoint but still the random playing still exist. I actually tried recreating a new source whenever I tried to play a sound. This method of doing have no effect on stereo type ogg but cause random playing in mono type ogg. I am using OpenAL 1.1, Ogg 1.1.3 and Vorbis 1.1.2. Can anyone help me? If you need code, I have no problem in posting it ;)
Advertisement
Hi.

It is really hard to tell what could be the problem, I don't understand also what you mean by "mono ogg" ?. Anyway I can suggest that you can try few things.

1. There are examples included with OpenAL. Do they work fine, and do the files that are included with them work well with your code ?

2. Try to check for OpenAL errors. Especially when you start playing it. Also post this part of the code here.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement