Sign in to follow this  
Kemkun

computer's organization

Kemkun    133
I learned computer language and algorithm but dont have basic like computer's organization ,so I want to learn about how computer work , how it store data, compute. How can I? bought some book or read from websites? thanks

CTar    1134
It really depends on what level you want to understand it. Personally I have found Computer Architecture: A quantitative approach, 3rd edition to be an excellent book for programming and CS purposes, but it won't tell you how a CPU is implemented in terms of transistors. Also it won't go over everything in terms a 2nd grader could understand and it does contain some theory and abstract concepts.

A fourth edition is out, but according to Amazon it's 430 pages shorter so I'm not sure whether it's actually a better choice or not (I have only read the third).

NerdInHisShoe    130
Quote:
Original post by Kemkun
I learned computer language and algorithm but dont have basic like computer's organization ,so I want to learn about how computer work , how it store data, compute. How can I? bought some book or read from websites?
thanks

Well, you might want to read up bin binary/hexadecimal number systems, semiconductors, half/full binary adders.