3d game maker

Started by
9 comments, last by Kaze 17 years, 1 month ago
Hey, I'm looking for a free game maker. To make a orpg or something similar which requires no scripting on my part, but before you all flame me it's only for me to have something to work towards whilst I am trying to learn Blender. I have no intrest in making it into a fully fledged game just something which would give me motivation to learn it. P.S. Could anyone point out to me some good tutorials i'm quite new, and i'm sorry if this is in the wrong sub-forum thingymagig. ^_^ Thanks, Ben [Edited by - Dindamer on March 17, 2007 12:57:18 PM]
Advertisement
What is "onrpg"...?

Coinsidering the complexity level of 3d games, I dont think there
is any 3d game makers. I could be wrong though.

What tutorials are you looking for? Programming? Scripting?
Blitz Basic and Dark Basic could be considered 3D game makers. The language is Basic, which is easy, almost like scripting. Also you can have a look at the Torque Game Engine.

Everything is better with Metal.

Moving to For Beginners.
Here is a 3d game maker. I have never used it so I'm not sure how good it is.
http://t3dgm.thegamecreators.com/
Wanna help spread Firefox? http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=user/register&r=126078
The 3D Game Maker is a joke it uses custom scripts and overall its nothing more than garbage. I suggest Game Maker (www.gamemaker.nl) if you want something free to use for online games, Player Worlds (http://playerworlds.org/) it's a free online rpg game maker.
____________________VB/C++/C# Programmer
Thanks for all your replies up to now.
I'm looking for a 3d free one, if one exists.

Cypter - Sorry I meant ORPG, i'm looking for a game maker or something that enables me to do the modelling side without the scripting side, just to make a small game which would give me something to aim for so I can improve my modelling.

Jettoz - Thats 2d, thanks anyways.

Also I would like to learn a programming language. I tried c++ but I kept meeting dead ends because of limitations i.e. I'm a kid so I can't buy books off the internet and my library is pretty much useless for that sort of thing. Any suggestions?
There are some free 3D Game Engines but you need to know how to program. 3D programming is a lot harder than 2D programming and requires some advanced math. I've checked around a 3D Game Maker that isn't complete garbage and that would be free doesn't exist.
____________________VB/C++/C# Programmer
Quote:
Also I would like to learn a programming language. I tried c++ but I kept meeting dead ends because of limitations i.e. I'm a kid so I can't buy books off the internet and my library is pretty much useless for that sort of thing. Any suggestions?

There are alot of online tutorials for C++:
Heres a good one

As for ORPGs, I recommend staying away from them right now. At least
until you get a firm grasp at programming[smile]

3d ORPGs can get quite complex. *Espically* MMOs.
I don't have that good of an experience with online tutorials, I get a little past beginner then I get stuck hehe, also when I said orpg that was only if I managed to find a good game maker. Has anyone here learnt almost entirely on online tutorials and could help me out a little here?

Thanks,
Ben

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement