Sign in to follow this  
madk

VC++ Express with Win32 and SDL

madk    130
Hello, Long time reader, first time poster. I've been honing my C++ skills for a few months now through simple and not so simple console applications. I'd like to now move a bit closer to actually Win32 programming. I am using Visual C++ 2005 Express edition and I am confused as to how I go about this. I have read that "support for Win32 programming is not enabled by default, and you have to jump through a few hoops to enable it – installing the platform SDK, and editing a bunch of cryptic XML configuration files". Could someone please point me in the right direction for doing this? Also...moving closer to game programming. I've decided to start poking around with SDL as it seems like a good place to start. I also am clueless as to how to go about using this. I have seen a few tutorials...but I just need to know what to download and where to put it. I appreciate any help I can get. Thanks in advance. Matttt

Chad Smith    1344
Just incase you haven't seen these tutorials, then I suggest you take a look through them. It is probally some of the best tutorials I have seen on SDL. It goes over ALL kinds of stuff. From setting up SDL, to Multithreding with it, and also a tutorial on setting up SDL with OpenGL.

Chad.