watch our work

Started by
16 comments, last by 3dcgmodeling 17 years ago
Quote:Original post by Jarrod1937
on your site i see many images that are not realtime compatible. one suggestion i can give is display only models for games or only models for pre-rendered stuff, or have different sections for both.

good advice.thanks.that would be more clear.
Advertisement
hi, I'm a little confused. you made the character models from ut2k3?
Quote:Original post by red_produkt
hi, I'm a little confused. you made the character models from ut2k3?

i think he is just putting up pics for a gallery to "enjoy" viewing the art. however that is not a good idea to do without consulting those who made the art and clearly marking the authors of each.

-------------------------Only a fool claims himself an expert
Sorry but that is bullshit. To run a website that sells quality game artwork, and to display other comanies work. how is this acceptable? with someone in charge that has 10 years experience it is very hard to believe that this is a naieve accident, rather than a cynical ploy to hoodwink others into believeing you created work you did not. If you want to sell artwork and retain some shred of credibility, please remove all pictures of other comanies/individuals work.

edit: I sincerely apologise if you did indeed create all the models on your site

[Edited by - red_produkt on March 24, 2007 9:46:41 PM]
Quote:Original post by red_produkt
edit: I sincerely apologise if you did indeed create all the models on your site

looking at them i am quite sure they didn't. too much similarity to and familiarity to past models i've seen, large inconsistence in skill for the models, large inconsistence in style for each model (every artist has a particular style to them, despite their model genre they are doing at the time), and many other things too lead me to believe this.
however, in the small case i am wrong i also apologise in advance, but if i am not, then i recommend removing them from your site or contacting the original authors of eahc model and getting their permission, then clearly lable on your site who the authors are and if they have any relation to your services offered.
Sorry,until I found Jarrod1937 's remind at another thread.
I notice the problem.
This is a site, that not only for team/studio online portfolio. it contain everything about 3d modeling. Did you see that marked "Team" that is made by us.

but other gallery just for "enjoy" . many get from on sale game that should be open to public.

it seem many people misread and I I need to clarify the problem.
Quote:Original post by 3dcgmodeling
Sorry,until I found Jarrod1937 's remind at another thread.
I notice the problem.
This is a site, that not only for team/studio online portfolio. it contain everything about 3d modeling. Did you see that marked "Team" that is made by us.

but other gallery just for "enjoy" . many get from on sale game that should be open to public.

it seem many people misread and I I need to clarify the problem.

yes, unlike red, i don't feel like you were trying to passoff their work as yours... but you should know this with as much experience as you say you have.
to put it simply, you can't just take random images from the web from other games/artist/companies and throw it on your site (and on some put your watermark on...).
what you need to do since you're offering services is to clearly state that most of the images on your site and on those pages are not by you, and to take down any images that you didn't make that you have't receieved permission to show. and to also maybe have a credits page that list the authors of those images you do have permission for.
if you don't do this you'll be setting yourself up for possible legal action simply because you're showing other companies work off on your site without clearly marking that they are not yours and offering services... this comes off as wrong to both the other companies and possible clients.

edit: i aplogise if i am sounding a bit harsh, but just trying to get you to understand you must be a bit more careful with what you do when you run a business.

[Edited by - Jarrod1937 on April 2, 2007 9:04:35 PM]
thanks jarrod1973, I appreciately your advice. I will pay attention to the problem.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement