Sign in to follow this  
silentcoast

Inserting into Access DB

silentcoast    122
Ok have a weird error in my application. If you need sections of code let me know what ones because its a pretty large application so dont feel like pasting all of it. <* All this is in in vb.net 2005 *> Ill kinda go step by step throught my program so you know whats going on. I can do either one of the follow create a new DB or select a older one then I select a image directory. After that it loads the first image to my picture box I then have the option to select what the picture should be dabbed options are Bride / Groom / Receptiong ect... Well after that option is chosen you click "Next" to go onto the next picture when you click that button though it saves that picture option and the directory where its located. Well when I run my application the first time or if I click the button really fast I get this error "The field is too small to accept the amount of data you attempted to add. Try inserting or pasting less data." it only happens the first time I click the button if I try it a second time it will work. As far as clicking it really fast it will pop up but if I click it slower it wont. But it always pops up the first time. Any thoughts? *update* Well I was messing around with it some more I was checking the feilds in the database befor / while / after clicking the button for the first time when it results in the error. Weird thing is that it skips 1 for the primary id field and goes onto 2. I have it auto incrementing.....Thats all for now. Thanks, Silent

silentcoast    122
Ok fixed the problem finally I just geusse some of my directory names were longer then 100 chars. Bumped it up to 150 and works fine and can click as fast as I want now :)

But now have a new problem this should be a simple fix. Do I need to include certain dll's or files for my program to work on any computer but mine? What the problem is , is I put it on my laptop and it will only create folder not the database when I am trying to set up the customer folders/database

Thanks for all the help and in advance for anyone that does help :)

[Edited by - silentcoast on March 18, 2007 10:35:27 AM]

Guest Anonymous Poster   
Guest Anonymous Poster
Please post more vague questions. Thanks.

Post the offending code. Post error messages. Etc.

silentcoast    122
Thanks for the lip.
If you read my post I mentioned that everything works except when I install the application onto another computer there are no error messages. It simply will not create the database just skips right over it. I have error checking built into it and when I turn the option on to display everything thats happening it just totally skips the database code.

Soo maby befor you go run your lip more on other peoples post you read the posted content thanks....

For those that care I have the same exact set up on my other computer as far as files go / frameworks / visual basic version everything and it still wont work when I install it or if I run it from the editor. Really confusing...