openGL Milkshape3D loader questions

Started by
0 comments, last by Muhammad Haggag 17 years, 1 month ago
Hey guys, this is my first post. I am a student at California State Polytechnic University Pomona, taking my second quarter of game development. Last quarter I developed somewhat of a game engine to prepare for the second quarter. I am using the milkshape model loader from the Nehe tutorial, but I need animations because I plan to make a first person shooter and it would be nice if the enemies moved. I found the milkshape model loader code with animations at this site: http://rsn.gamedev.net/tutorials/ms3danim.asp but it includes a Matrix class, which I don't have. I couldn't find a download for it either. I would really like to use this code, so could somebody please help me out here? Thanks.
Advertisement
In case nobody has an archived copy of the fully working code, just substitute any matrix library for the one he's using. You'll have to modify the code a bit to play well with the new library, but it shouldn't be a hard task.

Alternatively, if you happen to understand C# code, or can make use of it in your project, I've written an MS3D loader in C#/MDX here. The code is pretty clear, documenting some of the awkward (or unusual) bits in the MS3D format.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement