Sign in to follow this  
Oguz286

[java] Can't get jogl to work

Hello everybody, I'm trying to get a simple java file that uses jogl to compile but to no avail. I import these libraries:
import java.awt.*;
import java.awt.event.*;

import net.java.games.jogl.*;
But when i compile i get this error:
package net.java.games.jogl does not exist
So that means that it can't find the jogl.jar file. I unpacked the jogl files to D:\java\jogl, so the the jar and dll files are in D:\java\jogl\lib I updated the PATH so it includes "D:\java\jogl\lib" and i made another entry called CLASSPATH including ".;D:\java\jogl\jogl.jar". But i still get this error and ofcourse it can't find the jogl-classes. Then i tried compiling it like this:
javac -classpath ".;D:\java\jogl\lib\jogl.jar" JOpenGL\JOpenGL.java
But this also gives the same error. What am i doing wrong? EDIT: Btw i copied the jar and dll files to the directory where my javafile is and compiled it like this:
javac -cp jogl.jar JOpenGL\JOpenGL.java
But it still get the same error :( [Edited by - Oguz286 on March 18, 2007 10:13:29 AM]

The net.java.games.jogl package was done away with some time ago when JOGL was reimplemented to conform to JSR-231. The new package is javax.media.opengl. You should download the javadocs from the JOGL page, or browse them online. Also, for future JOGL problems I suggest you visit the JOGL forums at javagaming.org. You'll get the eyes of more JOGL users, as well as the project maintainer, on your post.

Hey thanks, do you guys have some sort of test code i can try and run with netbeans to see if i have everything installed properly, and yea i would go to javagaming.org but i forgot my password and i never recieve the damn email they try and send :(

Wow very wierd, i thought i posted a jogl help thing here and i clicked this thinking it was it :\..