• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
guvidu

OpenGL GLUT fullscreen problem on mac os x

This topic is 4143 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi there I have port a game from windows to mac. i used opengl with glut to do it. the only thing is left to do is to make full screen work. i know how to do this but the problem is that it doesnt stretch my window it just place it at 0,0 an after my resolution 640x480 the image is black. i know that glut does this with primary windos so maybe i didnt did it good. i also thied glut game mode but still no luck. same problem there. can you help me with my problem? thanks

Advertisement
glut is very old and isn't updated, and os x has gone through several changes since. Use SDL for crossplatform code instead. It's more up to date, and I can tell you it can enter full screen mode on os x.

Are you using glViewport properly when your window resizes?

This should work fine on OS X.

I would use GLFW instead (glfw.sf.net). It's pretty nice, and easy to use.

(I'm on Mac OS X, and I've written OpenGL code with SDL, Cocoa, Carbon, GLUT and GLFW. I prefer Cocoa, but since it's not cross-platform, GLFW would be my next choice (on Mac, GLFW is carbon underneath, which is native to the Mac, like Cocoa).

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!