Sign in to follow this  
Feadur

Mouse collision detection... how to?

Feadur    122
Hi there, I'm pretty shure this question has been asked in another thread, but after 20 minutes i haven't found anything. The thing is, how do I know the intersecction between the ray created by the mouse and a plane? I've this code from riemers.net website: int mouseX = mouseState.X; int mouseY = mouseState.Y; Vector3 nearsource = new Vector3((float)mouseX, 0f,(float)mouseY); Vector3 farsource = new Vector3((float)mouseX, 1f, (float)mouseY); Matrix world = Matrix.CreateTranslation(0, 0, 0); Vector3 nearPoint = graphics.GraphicsDevice.Viewport.Unproject( nearsource, Camara1.MatrizProyeccion , Camara1.MatrizVista , world); Vector3 farPoint = graphics.GraphicsDevice.Viewport.Unproject(farsource, Camara1.MatrizProyeccion, Camara1.MatrizVista, world); // Create a ray from the near clip plane to the far clip plane. Vector3 direction = farPoint - nearPoint; So I undertand that Vector3 direction is a line between near and far clipping plane... Assuming this code es correct enought. How do I calculate the intersection with my plane ?(which actually is (0,1,0))

Feadur    122
Ok I've found something that could be useful. A method to find the ray , and one to find the distance between the ray's origin anf the plane:

[CODE]
Ray GetPickRay(MouseState mouseState)
{
int mouseX = mouseState.X;
int mouseY = mouseState.Y;

Vector3 nearsource = new Vector3((float)mouseX, (float)mouseY, 0f);
Vector3 farsource = new Vector3((float)mouseX, (float)mouseY, 1f);

Matrix world = Matrix.CreateTranslation(0, 0, 0);

Vector3 nearPoint = graphics.GraphicsDevice.Viewport.Unproject(nearsource, Camara1.MatrizProyeccion , Camara1.MatrizVista , world);

Vector3 farPoint = graphics.GraphicsDevice.Viewport.Unproject(farsource, Camara1.MatrizProyeccion , Camara1.MatrizVista , world);

// Create a ray from the near clip plane to the far clip plane.
Vector3 direction = farPoint - nearPoint;
direction.Normalize();
Ray pickRay = new Ray(nearPoint, direction);

return pickRay;
}

float DistanceRayPlane(Vector3 vRayOrigin, Vector3 vnRayVector, Vector3 vnPlaneNormal,float planeD)
{
float cosAlpha;
float deltaD;

cosAlpha =Vector3.Dot(
vnRayVector, vnPlaneNormal);

// parallel to the plane (alpha=90)
if (cosAlpha == 0) return -1.0f;

deltaD = planeD -
Vector3.Dot(vRayOrigin, vnPlaneNormal);

return (deltaD / cosAlpha);
}
[/CODE]

So it seems the only thing I need is to add this distance to ray's origin, in ray's direction.

intersection = (distance * ray.direction) + ray.position;

Is it correct?

And so, I have lots of MouseChecks, with a single mouse click. Is there any way to solve it? Because each time I click, the model is moving and re-checking the collision with undesired results.