Sign in to follow this  
Tutukun

Beginner Python question

Tutukun    105
Hi, I've been looking for Python debug library(python25_d.lib) but couldn't find it anywhere at all. Could anyone send me a copy or tell me where I could get it? Cheers :) EDIT: OK, so I've managed to compiled Python source code with VC++2005. There were some errors but I still get the python25_d.lib and python25_d.dll files. So are they still ok to use? Thanks :) [Edited by - Tutukun on March 19, 2007 11:22:45 PM]

Tutukun    105
Quote:
Original post by Wagnerious
I don't quite grasp why you want to compile the thing.
I never had any problem with the standard packages.

Do you have a specific need ?

As far as I know, with standard package you can only build code in release configuration , if you want to compile your codes using debug config then you have to compile your own copy

Quote:
If you built the .dll in debug mode, then linking with the appropriate lib should be fine.

Thank you

XXX_Andrew_XXX    340
If you're debugging mixed language C/C++ code with python (the only reason I can possibly imagine you'd want to do this). I would strongly recommend not doing it on windows if you can avoid it. The problem is that you'll have to compile debug versions of every python extension module that you use to avoid ABI problems. In doing that you've lost most of the reason to use python.

Try using linux in a VM or on a live CD to do your debugging.