[.net] vc .NET

Started by
2 comments, last by jpetrie 17 years, 1 month ago
hi everyone i want to know the reason why all organisations are migrating from vc6 to vc.NET 2003 and vc.NET 2005 can anyone give me good strong points for this plz. thanks in advance sangeetha
Advertisement
(This is not really a .NET topic).

VC++6 is pre-standard, as far as I'm aware, meaning that it has issues compiling standard-compliant code (and will, on the other hand, compile non-standard code).

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

Mainly because VC6 compiler is not standard and the support for VC6 has been ended in 2005. And also because VS.Net is far better and quite cheap.

Plenty of reasons to change.
Perhaps you are confused by the existence of ".NET" in the title of "Visual Studio .NET?" Many people mistakenly assume that Visual Studio .NET requires you to write managed code using the .NET platform -- this, however, is false. Visual Studio .NET can be used to write 100% unmanaged code, and is a vastly superior product to VC6 (the fact that it includes an excellent standard-compliant compiler is just one reason).

Only one major revision of Visual Studio was called "Visual Studio .NET." Recent revisions simply use dates (the latest version is Visual Studio 2005, aka Visual Studio 8).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement