Please, could you recommend any 3d animation tool?

Started by
6 comments, last by FelpMan 17 years ago
Hello there. I'm an Anim8or user and lately I felt the need to export bone rigging and animations to other applications, something that my tool of choice really cannot do. I tried to rig creatures in Blender but it really is beyond me. Could anyone recommend a easy to use tool for creature animation? I don't expect something as easy to operate as Anim8or is, but I really need something a lot less complex than Blender. If it's a complete package for modelling / animation / rendering it will do just the same. My budget is about two hundreds Dollars... Let's make three hundreds... Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
Advertisement
Creature animation and easy are not synonymous in any size, shape, or form. If you want to learn 3d character rigging and animation, you're going to have to bite the bullet and learn a more complex of software like Blender.
laziness is the foundation of efficiency | www.AdrianWalker.info | Adventures in Game Production | @zer0wolf - Twitter
lol yeah... i hate animating tbh, its very very tedious and not as visually rewarding as doing other visual arts, you have to be a certain person to enjoy doing it and to stick with it to get good.
however i agree with wolf here, no form of animation software is what i would consider easy and yet able to do the job. anim8or is a simplified and as such is limited. any form of simplification on the user end will also sacrifice usability. put simply you must learn the complex programs to also get the robustness you want.
so roll up your sleeves and start learning maya, 3ds max, blender...etc. have fun!
-------------------------Only a fool claims himself an expert
Thanks for your replies, gents.
I simply hoped that I wasn't going to face something as frustrating as Blender is turning out to be.
See you.
Fragmotion?
Just buy a pre-animated skeleton, not so expensive for hundreds of animations, I used their skeletons - it was easy:

http://www.truebones.com
Quote:Original post by ade-the-heat
Just buy a pre-animated skeleton, not so expensive for hundreds of animations, I used their skeletons - it was easy:

http://www.truebones.com

i urge you not to buy from that guy. not because of the quality of his products but more so because he is an annoying forum spammer who has spammed almost all art forusm i know (to each communities disliking), and in some cases has acted unprofessionally.
however, if you need animations he has them i guess, just trying to get out the word.
however i should also mention that using premade animations are not nearly are good are custom ones made to fit your use perfectly, but premade ones can be a good starting place.

-------------------------Only a fool claims himself an expert
I have been using anim8or for a while now, I have found it doese everything i need (accept hair. Yes, blender APPEARS much more advanced, but its actually all the buttons, tools, and overwhelming amount of radio buttons, checkboxes, and text field. SO MANY OPTIONS!!!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement