A real newbie here

Started by
13 comments, last by Earl53 17 years ago
Hi everyone, I'm not a game designer but I'm looking for one. Many years ago I use to program in basic but those days are far gone and I haven't a clue how to design one now. I do however have a great idea for a two-person strategy game. I'm looking for someone to do the programing on this idea. It's an old game that I've loved through the ages with a modern twist to it. I went to program it in basic programing but someone had already done it so now I've come up with a better design for it. Just looking for the right person to program it. If anyone is interested let me know and I'll share it. You can email me and put "Game Idea" as the subject. That way I'll know. My ISP mail has a spam folder for new mail and I check it constantly. Paul
Advertisement
You might have more luck posting your help request in the Help wanted forum (be sure to follow the format explained in the sticky on top of the forum listing). Disclosing the name of the old game will probably also make it easier to find other people who loved it and want to help you have a go at reimplementing it.

Good luck :)
Rim van Wersch [ MDXInfo ] [ XNAInfo ] [ YouTube ] - Do yourself a favor and bookmark this excellent free online D3D/shader book!
also you are going to want to give an indication of how much money you are willing to pay the guy to make your game instead of his game. What no money? Then what are you offering? You see where I am going with this? I recommend that you brush up on your programming skills.
Quote:Original post by remigius
You might have more luck posting your help request in the Help wanted forum (be sure to follow the format explained in the sticky on top of the forum listing). Disclosing the name of the old game will probably also make it easier to find other people who loved it and want to help you have a go at reimplementing it.

Good luck :)

Thanks I will do that then.

Paul

Quote:Original post by Glak
also you are going to want to give an indication of how much money you are willing to pay the guy to make your game instead of his game. What no money? Then what are you offering? You see where I am going with this? I recommend that you brush up on your programming skills.

That would be worked out in the details so I don't see where you're going. I'm already into too much stuff now to brush up on my programming so I'll just stick to seeing who would be interested in making it. What if just took credit for the idea and left the rest to the programmer? I didn't think money when I came up with this idea. I just wanted to see it put together. I'm weird like that.

Paul

What about sharing your "better design" ideas with the team that is allready working on this game-clone?
The thing is, people have ideas about games all the time. Programmers too. So they usually prefer working on their own game idea than anyone else's. Unless that anyone is willing to give them money or barter something useful to them.

Same goes for artists.

Your best bet is to do it yourself. Too busy to do it yourself? Do you expect proficient programmers to sit around waiting for guys like you to fall from the sky so that they can at last do something useful?
Any chance we will find out what this grand idea is?
Johnny was a chemist's son by Johnny is no more, for what Johnny thought was H2O was HO4
Quote:Original post by QitsuneYour best bet is to do it yourself. Too busy to do it yourself? Do you expect proficient programmers to sit around waiting for guys like you to fall from the sky so that they can at last do something useful?

I bet you're just a barrel of fun at a party.

Quote:Original post by Trinavarta
What about sharing your "better design" ideas with the team that is allready working on this game-clone?

I did not know. I'm still looking around this site. Where can I find it?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement