Asteroid model question...

Started by
6 comments, last by terry_burns85 17 years ago
Hey folks, Im a game dev student at UCLan doing my end of year project. Im currently making a cd space game, and need an asteroid model to use, there aint one in our model library at uni. Should i make my own using 3DStudio Max or is there any sites online i can get a free one. ive a dead line of next thursday [Edited by - terry_burns85 on March 20, 2007 1:54:24 PM]
---Terence Burns---
Advertisement
what polycount you want? i have a cool rock model with finsihed normal mapping that should do the trick with a quick diffuse texture change.
-------------------------Only a fool claims himself an expert
in reason, no too small it looks like a sphere or a cube, and not too high itll cause any lag to my game, oh yeah, is it in an x format?
---Terence Burns---
Quote:Original post by terry_burns85
in reason, no too small it looks like a sphere or a cube, and not too high itll cause any lag to my game, oh yeah, is it in an x format?

well, thats not veyr clear since i don't have an idea of what hardware you want to run the demo on, how many of them you want on screen at once, and other general info. and i can export it as .x if that is what you want. the model in question is the rock mesh to the right of the image before the torch fire.

p.s. what scale do youn want it at? i can do max units or actual measurements.

image of rock model, sorry for the size, just took out a random image of it fromm my photobucket album.:
looks good mate, my demo is on tv, working at a scale of around 10x10x10 roughly, doesnt really matter though i could scale myself
---Terence Burns---
end of the year project you say?
well, you really haven't answered my questions well enough, however it doesn't matter, i'll export the model out as .x and package it up with the textures in .tga format (if you would like something else then mention it). and since you did not give me a proper scale to go by i'll just keep it where it is and you cna scale it to fit your needs.
i should be able to get this out to you by tomorrow, you have an e-mail you want me to use?

edit: actually if you have 3ds max what version do you have? i use 7, so if you use 7, 8 or 9 i could just send you the max file directly.
sent
thanks for model mate, havent put it into the game yet, still doing all the other maths before i put this in,

cheers
---Terence Burns---

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement