Sign in to follow this  
galaxist

Non-Normalized Texture Coordinates

Hello. I would like to know is there anyway to use non-normalized texture coordinates( [0,W][0,H] instead of using [0,1.0],[0,1.0] ) for normal 2D textures? I know the GL_ARB_texture_rectangle textures use non-normalized texture coordinates, is there anything I can set for making standard 2D textures to use non-normalized texture coordinates too?

You can use higher and lower texture coordinates like -12345.0f or 631314.234f. Depending on your settings the texture is then tiled, wrapped, clamped to [0.0f,1.0f] etc.

But if you mean using texcoords 0 to 256 for a 256 x 256 texture and having it displayed untiled and unclamped I'd say no. Please correct me if I'm wrong here.

Quote:
Original post by Lord_Evil
You can use higher and lower texture coordinates like -12345.0f or 631314.234f. Depending on your settings the texture is then tiled, wrapped, clamped to [0.0f,1.0f] etc.

But if you mean using texcoords 0 to 256 for a 256 x 256 texture and having it displayed untiled and unclamped I'd say no. Please correct me if I'm wrong here.

I mean the "0 to 256 for a 256 x 256 texture". I see, then I really have to do the convertion, thanks for reply.

You can scale the texture matrix to emulate using non-normalized texture coordinates. Texture coordinates for a specific texture unit are transformed by that unit's texture matrix just like vertices are transformed by the modelview and projection matrices.