Untitled

Started by
2 comments, last by JohnBolton 17 years ago
hello please help me with this question Show that in every simple graph there is a path from any vertex of odd degree to some other vertex of odd degree thanx
Advertisement
What a coincidence! I asked my students this very question the other day — they had some trouble with it, too.

Given this forum's policy on homework, you'll have to justify that your question is not related to homework (for instance, by describing how you need the answer to create a game or other application) before I can give you the answer. If your question really is a homework question, I suggest that you ask your teacher about it — he's the best person you can ask.
Obviously we can't give you the answer, but here are some things you should be thinking about:

What happens if the graph is disconnected?
Can you draw me a connected graph with exactly one vertex of odd degree?
If you're interested, how about one with three such vertices? Five?

Admiral
Ring3 Circus - Diary of a programmer, journal of a hacker.
Quote:Original post by ToohrVyk
What a coincidence! I asked my students this very question the other day — they had some trouble with it, too.

Given this forum's policy on homework, you'll have to justify that your question is not related to homework (for instance, by describing how you need the answer to create a game or other application) before I can give you the answer. If your question really is a homework question, I suggest that you ask your teacher about it — he's the best person you can ask.

It would be so funny if it were not a coincidence and he/she is one of your students.
John BoltonLocomotive Games (THQ)Current Project: Destroy All Humans (Wii). IN STORES NOW!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement