Sign in to follow this  
MARS_999

What do you all recommend for a GUI lib that works with SDL and OpenGL?

MARS_999    1627
I am looking for a GUI that works with SDL and OpenGL... I have looked on the lib page at the SDL homepage and there are to many to choose from. I am looking for something simple, but good enough to be used in a RTS type game, and a mapeditor if need be. Thanks

MARS_999    1627
Quote:
Original post by Ravuya
I've heard good things about guichan, which now has Mac support so I'm considering using it.

Yeah a friend of mine is recommending it to me also. I think I will take a look at it also.

BradDaBug    913
I've been using CEGUI for a little while now. It's rather powerful, but the main thing I don't like about it is how tedious it is to build a layout, even with the layout editor tool. You have to really tweak the scale and offset values of the positions and sizes of all the controls. Maybe I'm not doing it right, but it's a pain for me. I'd really prefer something more like GTK, where you just create containers and drop controls into the containers and you're done.

rotalever    122
Quote:
Original post by BradDaBug
I'd really prefer something more like GTK, where you just create containers and drop controls into the containers and you're done.

I plan to make a GUI System based on SVG and OpenGL in some weeks. But, I dont know how long it will take to make the whole thing and all the widgets ;-).
I already thought about a GTK-like system with containers and those things.