• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

template error: invalid use of member (did you forg

This topic is 4050 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm getting this error when I call my template:'invalid use of member (did you forget the '&'?)' This is my call: cd=collision_detection_temp<player,npc>(player1, npc1); This is my code: template <class T, class R> bool collision_detection_temp(T *attacker, R *defender){ if(attacker->direction()=='l'){ if( (attacker->x1()<(defender->x1()+defender->body_width()))&& (attacker->x1()>defender->x1())&& (attacker->y1()>defender->y1())&& ((attacker->y1()+attacker->body_height())<(defender->y1+defender->body_height()))) { return 1; } else return 0; } else if(attacker->direction()=='r'){ if( ((attacker->x1()+attacker->body_width()) > defender->x1()))&& ((attacker->x1()+attacker->body_width()) <( defender->x1()+defender->body_width())&& (attacker->y1()>defender->y1())&& ((attacker->y1()+attacker->body_height())<(defender->y1+defender->body_height())) ) { return 1; } else return 0; } };

Advertisement
Quote:
((attacker->y1()+attacker->body_height())<(defender->y1+defender->body_height())))

((attacker->y1()+attacker->body_height())<(defender->y1()+defender->body_height())))

in both of the outermost if branches.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement