• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

USRO (Game Idea)

This topic is 3959 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

So an Idea came to me the otherday, for a new game. An online Multiplayer street racing game. so I thought why not ask what people would think of the idea, so what do you think? I was thinking of a mix between Gran Tourismo, Need for speed, and Burnout. Gran tourismo graphics and art, Need for speeds underground customization and free roam style, and Burnouts crashes to add an entertaining boost. i was also thinking of some unique ideas that hadn't been used in any game to my knowledge, like paying for dammage after you crash. so, is it: a good Idea or a bad idea

Advertisement
i dont like normal racing games so i would like some arcade style action in it. I like the old supercars 2 (amiga? atari?) where:

1. you win cash depending on your place in each race
2. cash repairs your vehicle, buys upgrades and weapons
3. gameplay is kept simplistic and (extremely) fun
4. There is unrealistic features like jump and boosters in the tracks

I also think the trackmania series has a lot to offer in therms of offering a lot of purely fun things to do. But maybe you wanna do a "serious racing" game?
E

Carmageddon had pay to fix crash damage. That game also had deformable vehicles for a dos game it was quite impressive. I would be interested in helping with a project like this if you get anything started. I am quite knowledge in C++ and Win32 development.

Oh This isn't going to be a project, for quite some time, But thanx for the offer. I was just asking if anyone thought it was a good idea or not.

I wasn't planning on makeing it a Burnout/fullauto clone, I hate how they added weapons to cars (personal opinion). It was going to be a NFS/DUB edition/SRS type game, just compleatly online, where you race people all over the world , and you rank up among your fellow competitors, instead of bots.

I have also been working in 3ds, and have foundit quite hard to produce "A level" car models, like in Gran Turismo. so before i even start working on anything like that i would have to do a major increase in car making abilities.

please just give me an opinion, i don't need a huge explaination, just write good idea or bad idea.

thanks for your comments adam4813, and suliman

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement