• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
guvidu

Vorbis /Ogg frameworks for mac On Deployment project

This topic is 4202 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hy there. Is there a method to compile my code wich use the vorbis and ogg framework so that when the executable is moved to another computer not to ask for this frameworks to be installed? Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by guvidu
Hy there. Is there a method to compile my code wich use the vorbis and ogg framework so that when the executable is moved to another computer not to ask for this frameworks to be installed?

Thanks in advance!
The short answer is that you 'embed' a copy of the required frameworks in the application bundle, generally in *.app/Contents/Frameworks.

How to do this exactly depends somewhat on the development tools being used (Xcode, gcc + command line, CMake, etc.). If you need a more detailed answer you might go ahead and let us know what tools you're using.

idevgames.com is another good resource for Mac game development - you might be able to get some help there as well.

I'm using xcode - i have made a class with openAL, OGG and Vorbis frameworks - and for the app only work on my mac since i have ogg and vorbis framework. I need to make the compiler put those framework in the resource or to put the them in the executable file.

How do i make the compiler (Xcode) copy the framework to the resource directory? It copies all my sound and data files but not the framework.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!