Sign in to follow this  

problem deploying app in windows

This topic is 3954 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Im trying to test my application in another PC. I compiled it in VC Express 2005 and copied all needed DLLs (at least, the ones I know). I thought that the system would ask for the missing ones, but I have found that in WinXP I always got an error: Incorrect configuration. In Win2k it asks for the missing DLLS. I have tested before in my 2 development workstations with Win 2k and XP. Windows is not my speciality, so I have no idea about whats happening. How can I solve this without having to install VC in all PCs?

Not sure what your problem is but a very easy way to generate an error would be to put the DLLs into the wrong folder where the system can't find them.

That would pop a dialog reporting the missing DLL. In this case, I got an error saying just incorrect configuration. Seems the problem is caused by manifest files, I will try that.

Installing the redist pack solved part of the problem. Anyway the app asks for some DLLs that were installed by the redist pack and once I copy those files to the same dir, I got a crash even before my app starts.

Sign in to follow this