• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
SymLinked

Selling an old Geforce FX 6800 Ultra, for what price?

This topic is 4109 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

What would a reasonable price be? I actually checked all vendors and tried to find the card, but the only close one was some Gold Sample Edition with 512MB instead of 256MB. It was sold at $120 so I took that price and came up with $50. After putting up an ad, I got tons of emails and telephone calls where people try to overbid eachother, which gives me the impression I have undervalued the card greatly. :/ Any ideas?

Advertisement
The FX name was for the 5xxx series of cards. It would help if we knew what you actually had. Is it just a Geforce 6800 Ultra? What type of interface does it have? (AGP/PCI-e)

Thanks and sorry.

The card is a:
Gainward GeForce 6800 Ultra 256MB GDDR3 AGP8X "Ultra/2600"

The one on ebay that is closest is:
BFG nVidia GeForce 6800 Ultra OC AGP 256MB GDDR3

And it is slightly faster. So I guess around $90?

In my country (Argentina) the 6200 are still being sold as "new" (including warranty and all that stuff)
I've bought one 2 weeks ago.

XFX GeForce 6200 256MB AGP 8x
Price: U$S 85

6800 are a bit faster than 6200

Cheers
Dark Sylinc

Quote:
6800 are a bit faster than 6200

I am sorry but 6200's and 6800's are two totally different models. The former is a budget model.

Linky

Quote:
Original post by Perost
Why not just sell it to the highest bidder [smile]

It is not a bid site :) You set a price and that is it. I do not want to scare any of them away either. Well, I think I will just do the quick and let it go. I can not use it anyway.

I found this one who look similar :
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2746206&CatId=935

Yours have GDDR3 instead of GDDR2 but it's a unknown company so I guess it's crap. BTW, BFG ones are always more expensive (they come overclocked)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!