• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Getting boundries around an area...

This topic is 3959 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello all. I signed up here as Axesor, but then...forgot my password. Anyway, on topic, hello. I am in some need of help with a project that I have been developing in C++ and OpenGL. My problem is in the game's overworld. It is built to be isometric, and it is. My problem is wanting my character(s) to stay in only the areas with the map. My areas do no consist of arrays or tile generating programs, but just an image itself. I'll upload a picutre of what I'm talking about: Yes, well, anyway. How could I get this 32x32 character (it is then put into OpenGL to scale to size needed) to sta on only the colred areas and not the white? Or is there any other way to make isometric boundries in programs? I hopethis question and problem is clear. Thank you ~PCN

Advertisement
Yeah; why not just use an array? Either use a 'regular' map array rotated 45 degrees, or a staggered array.

A bitmap array corresponding to your tiles (or part of your tile data) indicating if movement can be made into the tile (the white areas would be an empty type that doesnt allow movement in).

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement