• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Need to get starting creating psp homebrews with pyhon

This topic is 3990 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Im aaron i just registered about a minute ago and im into psp-hacking and i want to start developing homebrews. I did a tutorial on c++ and made my 1st homebrew, only thing though, i do not get c++ period, im 14, and im really into doing this kind of stuff, The first language i want to get started on is python but i have no idea were to start, any tutorials? thanks

Advertisement
I think there was a port of PyGame to the PSP. A tutorial can be found here. Unfortunately, the actual site with the up to date packages is down.

I can't comment on the PSP homebrews, but Python is an excellent language for starting out with. Just download the pyGame extension and you'll have a development platform that will work on most types of computers including the Mac and Linux as well as Windows.

I used to do a lot of PSP homebrew about a year ago, but your only really open to 2 choices when doing homebrew for it. C++, and Lua. The C++ side is generally viewed as a harder way of developing..first of all you need to get the unofficial PspSDK, Cygwin, go through the pain in the neck install of both..learn the Sony way of rendering things..What they use is very similar to OpenGL.

Lua is easier, but I heard it's much slower then the C++ counterpart.

I wrote a tutorial on writing C++ homebrew apps for the PSP on psphacks.net. Search for 'bladerunner627' or 'bladerunner625' on the forums, you should be able to find it. I think it might be even stickied. I'm at school right now, so Psphacks.net is blocked, otherwise I would of given you a direct link.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement