complete n00b question

Started by
12 comments, last by Zahlman 17 years ago
And welcome to the forums! I hope have a nice time here, and learn a lot (I did)!

Oh, and to nót make this post completely useless, I'd also recommend C++ For Dummies. I know it sounds rather bad, especially after you say HTML for Dummies sucked, but the former one dóes go into programming, and that is all the stuff you need to know about C++ to get started right away, with graphics[smile]

-Stenny
What do I expect? A young man's quest to defeat an evil sorceror while discovering the truth of his origins. A plucky youngster attended by her brutish guardian. A powerful artifact which has been broken into a small number of artifactlets distributed around the world.What do I want? Fewer damn cliches. - Sneftel
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Azendai
allright thats perfect I have C++ from the ground up by Herbert Schildt which is a little bit of an older manual copywrited 1994 so im not sure if I should get somthing a little more updated figure ill stop and barnes n noble tomarrow after work. that being the case do you have one that you would recomend?

also thanks for your help on this ive been toiling around in search directorys for answers for a few days now and finding mostly nothing helpfull or only vague answers until now so tyvm

Hmm if I were you I'd do a search for "Bullschildt" on google to find out what other people think of Herbert Schildt's writing style.
"Most people think, great God will come from the sky, take away everything, and make everybody feel high" - Bob Marley
And unless I'm quite wrong, 1994 means that book predates the C++ standard by about 4 years.
[TheUnbeliever]
Quote:Original post by Paradigm Shifter
Quote:Original post by Azendai
allright thats perfect I have C++ from the ground up by Herbert Schildt which is a little bit of an older manual copywrited 1994 so im not sure if I should get somthing a little more updated figure ill stop and barnes n noble tomarrow after work. that being the case do you have one that you would recomend?

also thanks for your help on this ive been toiling around in search directorys for answers for a few days now and finding mostly nothing helpfull or only vague answers until now so tyvm

Hmm if I were you I'd do a search for "Bullschildt" on google to find out what other people think of Herbert Schildt's factual correctness.

Fixed.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement