• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
d00kiem0nster

tablets for 3ds max?

This topic is 4224 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey, just new to this site and I was wondering if anyone had ever used a tablet when working with their 3d stuff? I know its perfect for 2d (photoshop) etc. but does working with a tablet make max easier? I was just wondering because i have my tablet and i mostly use it for matte painting and such and i just started my 3d class at school. Any feedback would rock! ~thanks much

Advertisement
I've seen some of the guys at work use their tablets in Max, but then again, some of them use their tablets for navigating through the filesystem too...

I would say that it might be more natural on the mouse. From my experience working in 3DS max, there isn't very much "doing" that requires a long drawing movement. A lot of it is fine adjustment and general clicking, rather than long brush strokes, etc.

So therefore, I would say, if you aren't really quick on the tablet, I would just stick to the mouse. If you are comfortable on the tablet, its somewhat decent, and you are quick on it, give it a try.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!